English as a Second Language (ESL)
低年段 Grade 1-2
At this stage, children:
- Are introduced to the second language through repetitive action rhymes, songs, and stories, and
- Are further introduced to pronouncing and writing alphabets through pictorial stories of nature.
中年級 Grade 3-4
Children are understanding the second language further:
- by active conversational engagements in various authentic and daily life contexts,
- by expressing one’s feelings with a fruitful bank of vocabulary, and
- by applying fundamental grammatical rules in speaking and writing.
高年段 Grade 5-6
Now, students are ready to:
- be inspired to perform themselves in various contexts of creative writing, and
- be challenged to explore the grammatical and pragmatic similarities and differences between the mother and the second language.
- Be able to submerge themselves in the more boarder and wider contexts of the second language,
- Be motivated to illustrate themselves to different types of audiences gracefully, and
- Be able to seek and identify themselves within the process.